Find a dance
Videos of Square Dance Moves
Oregon Federation of Square and Round Dance Clubs
SQUARE DANCING LESSONS
Square Dancing Lessons
Come Join the Fun!
Thursday evenings, 7:30-9:00 pm
Starting:Thursday, September 27, 2018
- Where: LBCC Benton Center
- The cost of the fall term is $79 per person; Register through LBCC
- If you cannot start on the first lesson night, you can still start the second week.
- Lessons are open to singles as well as couples.
- Children, age 8 and above, are also welcome.
- For more information, call 541-754-7511
Upcoming Dances in Corvallis:
- Dec 8 (Christmas) - Caller: Charlotte Jeskey, Cuer: Sandy Harris
- Dec 22 - Dark - Merry Christmas
- Jan 12 (New Dancer Dance) - Caller: Bruce Lowther, Cuer: Judy Russell
- Jan 26 - Dark - Mid-Winter Festival
- Feb 9 - Dark - Sweet Home Birthday
- Feb 23 - Caller: Roger Putzler, Cuer: Jackie Gale
- Mar 8 - Coast Trip - Caller: Bruce Lowther, Cuer: Judy Russell
- Mar 9 - Coast Trip - Caller: Charlotte Jeskey, Cuer: Judy Russell
- Mar 23 - Caller: Jim Voll, Cuer: Judy Russell
- Apr 13 - Caller and Cuer: Sandy Harris
- Apr 27 - Caller: Bruce Lowther, Cuer: Judy Russell
- May 11 - Caller: Roger Putzler, Cuer: Sandy Harris
- May 25 - Caller and Cuer: Craig Abercrombie
- Jun 8 - Caller: Charlotte Jeskey, Cuer: Sandy Harris
The Corvallis Square's regular dances
are every 2nd & 4th Saturday at the
Square Dancing provides opportunities for:
First Congregational Church
4515 SW West Hills Road
Corvallis, OR 97333
(unless location noted elsewhere)
Rounds are at 7:00 pm, Squares at 7:15 pm
Improved health, travel, and friendship.
Square Dancing is America's best kept secret!
It is a great way to have fun while exercising your brain and moving to upbeat music.
Square dancing keeps the mind active and the body fit without strenuous workouts.
By combining the mental and physical exercise square dancing offers it's a win-win situation for you.
Plus it is just plain FUN.
Square dancing is the American Folk Dance and an important part of the culture of America.
History: The Corvallis Square Dance Club was founded in 1959.
The ages of members range from 20 to 90 years.
Younger participants are also welcome.
There are couples as well as singles, both male and female.
We dance on a spacious and
comfortable gym floor. The club serves finger food
and drinks throughout the evening during dances and takes only a short break for
announcements. We dance mainstream and plus levels. Our dances begin with
15 minutes of round dancing and alternate rounds and squares throughout the evening.
New members and visiting dancers are always welcome.
Our club dances in September through mid-June.
We do not dance from the third weekend in June through August.
For more information about club activities, call Connie or Theo at 541-754-7511.